Tuesday 18 September 2012

Parsnip and Carrot Frittata

The sweetness of the parsnip goes great with the other veges and egg and is a good alternative to the more starchy and heavier potato traditionally found in Frittata. This was a dish I came up with one night to use up some of the loose veges I had in the fridge.

This pan load serves two people at just 380 calories each!

One serving contains:
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 parsnips
1/2 red pepper
65g carrots
70g mushrooms
2 spring onion
1/4 red onion
1 clove garlic
1 slice light leerdamer cheese
1.5 eggs
20ml milk

To prepare I chop the parsnip and carrot into 1cm cubes then par-boil while I fry the diced onion, crushed garlic, quartered mushroom and diced pepper. I then add the carrot and parsnip and mix in the spring onion. I then pour over the egg (whisked with milk) and turn down the heat. When the egg has almost set I top with the cheese then place under a hot grill for a couple of minutes.

No need to serve with anything else - although goes great with a dob of Creme Fraiche.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any helpful tips or suggestions