Sunday 26 August 2012

Seared Tuna with Courgette & Caper topping (Detox - Day 2 dinner)


This meal was something I got out of a Women’s Fitness magazine. I reduced the quantity of pine nuts and used about 80% less oil than recommended (what I did use worked great on the non stick pan). Although the main meal of Tuna steak with a courgette & caper topping comes in at 426 calories (just over my usual 400 meal limit) I also served up 100g of new potatoes because I wasn't sure how filling the recipe would be. But I ended up having only one quarter of that (= just 19 calories).

The flavours are absolutely amazing and the Tuna provides a whopping 37g protein (and only 1g fat!).

150g Tuna steak = 165
5ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil = 40

Courgette & caper topping (total 221 calories):
1 large courgette = 18
1.5 garlic cloves = 6
12g (about 1.5 tablespoons) = 87
100g cherry tomatos = 18
2.5 tablespoons capers = 12
30g pitted green olives = 40
5ml (1 teaspoon) olive oil = 40


Altogether the meal provided 41g protein and 24g fat (coming mainly from the olive oil and the 'good fat' pine nuts and olives).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post any helpful tips or suggestions